This coming Thursday, May 2nd, 2013, experience a special menu prepared in collaboration with Celebrity Chef Joey Altman, and the flavors of Bulleit Bourbon’s new 10 Year Old Small Batch at one of 74 Ruth’s Chris Steak House locations.
The nationwide wine pairing and cocktail dinner will feature a five-course menu, showcasing premium red wines, bold bourbons and Ruth’s Chris style Southern cuisine. The dinner will also mark the U.S. launch of Bulleit Bourbon’s new 10 Year Old, Small Batch Bourbon and feature courses developed in conjunction with Joey Altman, cookbook author and celebrity TV show host.
“May is Kentucky Derby month and a time to celebrate with bold bourbons, big red wines and a perfectly paired Southern style menu at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. We are excited to bring our guests a taste of the newly launched 10 Year Old, Small Batch Bourbon from Bulleit, as well as pairings created in collaboration with cookbook author, and TV Host Chef Joey Altman,” said Helen Mackey, Senior Director of Menu Strategy for Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
Big Reds & Bourbons menu includes:
–First Course: Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Citrus Beurre Blanc, Couscous festival, roasted red pepper coulis.
Paired with Bulleit Mint Julep
–Second Course: Roasted Pear, Spiced Pecans & Bleu Cheese Salad, Mixed spring greens, balsamic vinaigrette.
Paired with Sterling Vineyards Pinot Noir, Carneros
-Third Course: Pan Roasted Fresh Salmon, Horseradish whole-grain mustard sauce, bacon-onion jam.
Paired with Bulleit Rye
-Fourth Course: Southern Barbeque Mixed Grill, Filet Mignon with Bacon Barbeque Butter, NOLA Barbeque Shrimp, Peach Glazed & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, Southwestern Mac n’ Cheese.
Paired with BV BeauRouge Red Blend, Napa Valley
-Fifth Course: S’Mores Cheesecake, Toasted marshmallow, chocolate graham cracker crisps.
Paired with Bulleit 10 Year Old, Small Batch Bourbon
Featured dinner pricing varies by market with an average price of $90 per person. To make reservations and view a complete list of participating restaurants, visit http://www.ruthschris.com/promotions/bigred/.
Here is a list of some of the previous Ruth’s Chris Dinner Specials:Fonseca & Taylor Fladgate Port Pairing Dinner
- Sheet Pan Suppers – Vegetarian Ratatouille With Goat Cheese - February 10, 2016
- Uncork a Culinary Adventure With Ruth’s Chris and Spanish Wine Pairings - February 8, 2016
- Class Up Game Day With Barbecue Friendly Wines - February 5, 2016
- 30 Minute Meals: Beer Braised Barbecue Chicken Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Blackberry Chipotle Red Wine Barbecue Sauce - February 3, 2016
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Mini Meatball Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Grilled Fingerlings With Cabernet Ketchup By Winemaker Tom Gore - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Tom Gore 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, California - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Joseph Phelps Scheurebe 2012, St. Helena - February 3, 2016
- Pigskin and Punch: Party Sized Cocktails for the Big Game - February 3, 2016