This coming Thursday, May 2nd, 2013, experience a special menu prepared in collaboration with Celebrity Chef Joey Altman, and the flavors of Bulleit Bourbon’s new 10 Year Old Small Batch at one of 74 Ruth’s Chris Steak House locations.
The nationwide wine pairing and cocktail dinner will feature a five-course menu, showcasing premium red wines, bold bourbons and Ruth’s Chris style Southern cuisine. The dinner will also mark the U.S. launch of Bulleit Bourbon’s new 10 Year Old, Small Batch Bourbon and feature courses developed in conjunction with Joey Altman, cookbook author and celebrity TV show host.
“May is Kentucky Derby month and a time to celebrate with bold bourbons, big red wines and a perfectly paired Southern style menu at Ruth’s Chris Steak House. We are excited to bring our guests a taste of the newly launched 10 Year Old, Small Batch Bourbon from Bulleit, as well as pairings created in collaboration with cookbook author, and TV Host Chef Joey Altman,” said Helen Mackey, Senior Director of Menu Strategy for Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
Big Reds & Bourbons menu includes:
–First Course: Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Citrus Beurre Blanc, Couscous festival, roasted red pepper coulis.
Paired with Bulleit Mint Julep
–Second Course: Roasted Pear, Spiced Pecans & Bleu Cheese Salad, Mixed spring greens, balsamic vinaigrette.
Paired with Sterling Vineyards Pinot Noir, Carneros
-Third Course: Pan Roasted Fresh Salmon, Horseradish whole-grain mustard sauce, bacon-onion jam.
Paired with Bulleit Rye
-Fourth Course: Southern Barbeque Mixed Grill, Filet Mignon with Bacon Barbeque Butter, NOLA Barbeque Shrimp, Peach Glazed & Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast, Southwestern Mac n’ Cheese.
Paired with BV BeauRouge Red Blend, Napa Valley
-Fifth Course: S’Mores Cheesecake, Toasted marshmallow, chocolate graham cracker crisps.
Paired with Bulleit 10 Year Old, Small Batch Bourbon
Featured dinner pricing varies by market with an average price of $90 per person. To make reservations and view a complete list of participating restaurants, visit http://www.ruthschris.com/promotions/bigred/.
Here is a list of some of the previous Ruth’s Chris Dinner Specials:Fonseca & Taylor Fladgate Port Pairing Dinner
- Ruth’s Chris’ Creamed Spinach in Bechamel Sauce - November 23, 2015
- How to Choose the Best Red Wines to Go With Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinners - November 22, 2015
- Farmer’s Market Vegetable Quiche Recipe from 2 Sparrows - November 5, 2015
- Celebrate Spanish Wines with Sherry Week - November 1, 2015
- Here Comes Fall: Sonoma Cider Debuts Two New Flavors - October 30, 2015
- How to Make a Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie - October 30, 2015
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - October 29, 2015
- Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns for 6th Year - October 8, 2015
- Celebrate Wines of the World: Ruth’s Chris’ 90+ Points Wine Dinner - October 8, 2015
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes for Fall - October 6, 2015