Wickets kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October with two of its specialties- good food and Chicago sports. During the month, the restaurant will offer a ‘pink’ flatbread hand formed by Chef George Garcia topped with roasted tomatoes, ricotta cheese and basil. A portion of the proceeds from these brick oven creations will benefit Palatine-based breast cancer education organization, Wellness Place.
In addition, while the NFL is honoring the month with pink team uniforms, Wickets will be offering a ‘pink’ raffle during each Chicago Bears game on October 6, 10 and 20. Guests dining at the restaurant those three days will receive a raffle ticket for every drink purchased for a chance to win various pink Chicago Bears apparel, footballs and more. The winners will be chosen at random after the October 20 game and announced on Facebook.
About Wellness Place
Wellness Place is a community based cancer education, counseling and support resource center in Palatine, Ill., serving those diagnosed with cancer, their family members, and caregivers. As part of their mission, services and programs are provided to participants by professionals free of charge. They provide critical, life-enhancing support and guidance to help manage emotional and physical responses, sort through treatment options and side effects, formulate questions for doctors and communicate matters to family and employers. Services include: One-on-one cancer related counseling; Facilitated Support Groups; Children & Teen Programs; Stress and Pain Management Therapies; and Speaker Workshops. Wellness Place is a not-for-profit organization located at 1619 W Colonial Pkwy, Palatine, IL 60067. For information, visit www.wellnessplace.org or call 847-221-2400.
The Breast Cancer Awareness Flatbread will be available the entire month of October for lunch, dinner and carryout. The Chicago Bears raffle days will take place on October 6, 10 and 20. The Breast Cancer Awareness Flatbread is priced at $9 (not including tax and gratuity).
Reservations are not required. Complimentary parking is available.
Wickets Bar and Grill
Streets of Woodfield
601 North Martingale, Suite 100
Schaumburg, IL 60173
- Mother’s Day Brunch, Lunch and Dinner Specials in Chicago - May 6, 2015
- Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet and Flowers at Pinstripes - May 1, 2015
- Weber Grill Sizzles on Easter Sunday - March 30, 2015
- Pinstripes Offers a Hoppin’ Good Time on Easter Sunday - March 30, 2015
- An Irish Twist on a Classic Grill Favorite & House-Smoked Corned Beef - March 11, 2015
- Love at First ‘Bite’ (Cheesy, but it’s true) - January 27, 2015
- Fall in Love with Weber Grill’s Valentine’s Day Menu Specials & Tableside Roses - January 27, 2015
- Pinstripes New Year’s Eve Celebration for All Ages Two Balloon Drops, Champagne Toast, Party Favors & Live Music - December 10, 2014
- Bowl a Turkey and Get a Turkey at Pinstripes This November - November 12, 2014
- Halloween ‘Ball’ at Pinstripes With Complimentary Trick or Treating - October 13, 2014