On August 20, Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy, a completely online culinary school offering culinary and baking and pastry classes, will celebrate its one year anniversary. A private reception honoring the anniversary will be held at Alliance Francaise de Chicago. Special guests, Michel Escoffier, the great grandson of master chef Auguste Escoffier – the school’s name sake – and Jeremiah Tower, the father of American cuisine will be in attendance to discuss the past, present and future of culinary education.
Past…“My great-grandfather was forward-thinking and revolutionary. He would be proud of the accessibility, affordability, and quality the online school provides,” said Michel Escoffier, President of the Auguste Escoffier Foundation and Museum in Villeneuve Loubet, France. “Now everyone with a passion for the culinary arts has an opportunity to learn at their own pace.”
Present… “I look forward to celebrating this major accomplishment and resource in the culinary world,” said Jeremiah Tower, known as the ‘Father of American Cuisine’ and author of the e-book A Dash of Genius in which he discusses the influences of Escoffier.
Future…“We are excited about the thousands of students who have enrolled and will graduate from our online program,” said Jack Larson, co-founder and Executive Chairman of Triumph Higher Education. “Our cutting edge and interactive online school is not only a wonderful educational resource for culinary students and food enthusiasts across the globe, but it also provides valuable training for hospitality industry professionals and teachers.”
During the reception, executives from Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy will provide a demonstration of the web-based school as well as discuss expansion plans such as the newly launched culinary program in Spanish.
More than 1,000 students enrolled in the school during its first year. Student graduates are “Escoffier Certified” and have access to online portfolios featuring their work to share with potential employers. Throughout the learning process, students have constant access to executive chef mentors, are provided with additional synchronous chef-led weekly webinars, engage in weekly live Google+Hangouts, and become part of an active online student community.
For more information, visit www.escoffieronline.com or call 855-696-6602.
- Class Up Game Day With Barbecue Friendly Wines - February 5, 2016
- 30 Minute Meals: Beer Braised Barbecue Chicken Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Blackberry Chipotle Red Wine Barbecue Sauce - February 3, 2016
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Mini Meatball Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Grilled Fingerlings With Cabernet Ketchup By Winemaker Tom Gore - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Tom Gore 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, California - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Joseph Phelps Scheurebe 2012, St. Helena - February 3, 2016
- Pigskin and Punch: Party Sized Cocktails for the Big Game - February 3, 2016
- 5 Romantic Cocktails From The World’s Best Hotel Bars - January 24, 2016
- Simple Soup Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Split Pea and Ham Soup - January 22, 2016