The ‘Delicacies of Finland’ local food event showcases the country’s provincial flavors in the centre of Helsinki at the end of August. Organized in conjunction with the Finnish ‘Syystober’ Fall Beer Festival, and coinciding with the Helsinki Festival, this is the weekend to book a tasty and cultural city break in Helsinki.
Delicacies of Finland fills Helsinki’s Main Railway Station Square “Rautatientori’ with a plethora of fresh Finnish produce from all over the country between 22nd and 24th of August 2013.
Everything from organic meat, fish and cheese to fresh vegetables, bread, pastries, berries, jams, juices and ice cream will be available at Delicacies of Finland. Fresh food offerings are available, and plenty of tasty treats will be for sale to bring home.
The event will also feature cooking performances, and entrance is free.
Beer, beer, beer!
The ‘Syystober’ Fall Beer Festival will be introducing a variety of Finnish beers from mostly small breweries, and the best ones in each category will be awarded. The festival pavilion will be open until 1 am every night with live music by Finnish artists.
The events, arranged for the third time this year, have been very popular. Last year, a total of 60 000 visitors took advantage of the mouth-watering offerings of 150 small and medium-sized producers. The ‘Syystober’ Fall Beer Festival featured a selection of more than 40 Finnish beers.
A perfect weekend in Helsinki
To top it all off, ‘Delicacies of Finland’ and ‘Syystober’ coincide with the two-week Helsinki Festival, a staple among Finland’s cultural happenings.
The first day of the events, Thursday August 22nd, sees also Helsinki Festival’s ‘Night of the Arts’, a carnivalesque arts celebration all over the city, take place.
Get to Helsinki and celebrate with all your senses!
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Tequila Flamed Tiger Shrimp Bruschetta - April 29, 2016
- Earth Day Gift Guide: 10 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint - April 21, 2016
- Earth Month Recipe: Hand Made Green Ravioli - April 21, 2016
- Food and Wine: Roy Yamaguchi’s Pacific Inspired Wine Pairing Dinner April 20th - April 18, 2016
- A Spicy Shrimp Ravioli Recipe by Food Network Chef Eric Levine - April 13, 2016
- Shake It Up: 5 Easy Beer Cocktails for National Beer Day - April 6, 2016
- 10 Earth Friendly Cleaning Tips for a Green Home - March 26, 2016
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 24, 2016
- Easy Chocolate Cake Recipe With Nutella Frosting - March 23, 2016
- 7 Things You Can Do This Week to Become a Fat-Burning Machine - March 21, 2016