The ‘Delicacies of Finland’ local food event showcases the country’s provincial flavors in the centre of Helsinki at the end of August. Organized in conjunction with the Finnish ‘Syystober’ Fall Beer Festival, and coinciding with the Helsinki Festival, this is the weekend to book a tasty and cultural city break in Helsinki.
Delicacies of Finland fills Helsinki’s Main Railway Station Square “Rautatientori’ with a plethora of fresh Finnish produce from all over the country between 22nd and 24th of August 2013.
Everything from organic meat, fish and cheese to fresh vegetables, bread, pastries, berries, jams, juices and ice cream will be available at Delicacies of Finland. Fresh food offerings are available, and plenty of tasty treats will be for sale to bring home.
The event will also feature cooking performances, and entrance is free.
Beer, beer, beer!
The ‘Syystober’ Fall Beer Festival will be introducing a variety of Finnish beers from mostly small breweries, and the best ones in each category will be awarded. The festival pavilion will be open until 1 am every night with live music by Finnish artists.
The events, arranged for the third time this year, have been very popular. Last year, a total of 60 000 visitors took advantage of the mouth-watering offerings of 150 small and medium-sized producers. The ‘Syystober’ Fall Beer Festival featured a selection of more than 40 Finnish beers.
A perfect weekend in Helsinki
To top it all off, ‘Delicacies of Finland’ and ‘Syystober’ coincide with the two-week Helsinki Festival, a staple among Finland’s cultural happenings.
The first day of the events, Thursday August 22nd, sees also Helsinki Festival’s ‘Night of the Arts’, a carnivalesque arts celebration all over the city, take place.
Get to Helsinki and celebrate with all your senses!
- Ruth’s Chris’ Creamed Spinach in Bechamel Sauce - November 23, 2015
- How to Choose the Best Red Wines to Go With Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinners - November 22, 2015
- Farmer’s Market Vegetable Quiche Recipe from 2 Sparrows - November 5, 2015
- Celebrate Spanish Wines with Sherry Week - November 1, 2015
- Here Comes Fall: Sonoma Cider Debuts Two New Flavors - October 30, 2015
- How to Make a Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie - October 30, 2015
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - October 29, 2015
- Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns for 6th Year - October 8, 2015
- Celebrate Wines of the World: Ruth’s Chris’ 90+ Points Wine Dinner - October 8, 2015
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes for Fall - October 6, 2015