If you’d like to spend the Capitol Hill Block Party weekend learning the fine art of crafting your own spirits, then you need to get to Snohomish and brush up on your distillery craft. Skip Rock Distillers, who makes one of our favorite local vodkas, and the Northwest Agriculture Business Center are hosting an intensive Craft Distilling workshop on July 26th and 27th, with one epic no-host Craft Cocktail walking tour taking you through the local bar scene after classes end.
This is one of the most comprehensive series we’ve ever seen offered locally, covering the whole range with classes from Federal and State Liquor Regulations, to building a brand, to hands on mashing sessions and even distilling, gauging, and filtration. If you’ve been confused reading texts, don’t know where to even begin on spirits, or want to start your own distillery, this is the class for you. And if Ryan and Julie of Skip Rock are leading the classes, it’s going to be as fun as it is educational.
The two day workshop is $395, or you can attend a single day for $225 for Friday or $300 for Saturday. For registration and more details, including the full course list, check out the Northwest Agriculture Business Center class website.
- Pumpkins Take Over at the 9th Great Pumpkin Beer Festival - October 1, 2013
- The Trophy Cupcakes Book Launch Party Brings On The Cupcakes - September 27, 2013
- Taste Local Cheeses at the Washington Artisan Cheesemakers Festival - September 23, 2013
- Join Slow Food Whidbey Island for Taste of Whidbey 2013 - September 20, 2013
- The Bellevue Collection Fashion Week Returns, Revealing Fall Trends for 2013 - September 3, 2013
- Wild Ginger Brings Asian Flair to Labor Day Weekend - August 21, 2013
- Apples to Ale: Yakima Valley’s Festive Fall Events - August 20, 2013
- Kickstarter of the Week: Genki-Su’s Japanese Tart Tonic - August 19, 2013
- The Northwest Tequila Fest Brings the Tequila to Fremont - August 14, 2013
- Take Bainbridge Island by Bicycle at Vidi, Vino, Bici - August 13, 2013