Want to win tickets? Check out our giveaway before they’re gone! This week, doctors will be running the kitchen instead of Iron Chefs, in the fifth annual Iron Heart Cook Off on Friday, October 18 at 6:30 p.m. at the Westin Lake Mary, Orlando North Hotel. WOFL FOX35 News Anchor Bob Frier will host this year’s event and all proceeds will benefit the American Heart Association.
Back to defend his 2012 title, Ratan Ahuja, M.D., of the Florida Cardiopulmonary Center, returns to battle against other physicians from Central Florida Regional Hospital’s Heart Institute, including William David, M.D. and Lawrence Vallario, M.D. of the Cardiovascular Center, P.A., and newcomer Robert Hooker, M.D. Cardiovascular Surgeons, P.A.
Each chef will receive an assortment of ingredients that must be used in the dish they prepare. The team of judges includes Hannah Curlee of the Biggest Loser Season 11, The Westin Lake Mary Executive Chef Isaiah Simon and Central Florida Regional Hospital dietitian Jennifer Mazarredo.
While the doctors are preparing their dishes, guests will have the opportunity to ask each chef questions about heart health. This year’s event will also feature members of Central Florida Regional Hospital’s cardiac care team working for tips – all donations to the American Heart Association.
“As the leading provider of cardiac services in Seminole County, our team at Central Florida Regional Hospital is committed to providing not only high quality care to our patients, but also to educating our community on heart healthy lifestyle choices,” says Wendy Brandon, Chief Executive Officer, Central Florida Regional Hospital. “The Iron Heart Cook Off is a fun way we can share important information about taking care of your heart while also raising money to help the American Heart Association fulfill their mission.”
A 221-bed full-service acute care hospital, Central Florida Regional Hospital has the only full-service cardiac program in Seminole and West Volusia Counties, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology and cardiac rehabilitation as well as comprehensive diagnostic services including a 64-slice CT scanner. Central Florida Regional Hospital is an Accredited Chest Pain Center (CPC) with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, providing immediate interventional treatment for STEMIs, the most deadly type of heart attacks.
Individuals tickets $50, Corporate table of 8-$350, Premium table of 8-$600 (Includes best seats in the house directly in front of the chef tables, signage on the center cooking stage, 2 live announcements during the event, recognition on Central Florida Regional Hospital website and social media sites).
Westin Lake Mary, North Orlando
Address: 2974 International Pkwy, Lake Mary, FL 32746
For more information on Central Florida Regional Hospital Cardiac Services or the Iron Heart Cook Off call 407-302-7363 or visit us online at www.CentralFloridaRegional.com.
- Gluten Free Fall Cocktails That Will Do More Than Just Keep You Warm! - September 11, 2016
- Salmon, Cucumber & Kale Quinoa Salad with Lemon Dill Tahini Ranch - September 11, 2016
- Spirits Review: Peony Vodka - September 7, 2016
- Wine 101: How to Choose Riesling Wines for Food Pairing - August 29, 2016
- Late Summer Appetizer: Charcuterie With Pickled Pear Crostini - August 27, 2016
- Back To School: Modern Zinc Antimicrobial Sheets - August 24, 2016
- Back to School: Better Sleep with Sonno Bed Mattress - August 24, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Southern Shrimp and Grits Recipe From The River Room - August 12, 2016
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - August 3, 2016
- Key West’s Bahama Bob Shares His Favorite Cocktails for National Rum Day - August 1, 2016