Rocco’s Italian Grille will be hosting a special wine pairing dinner with Banfi Wines on July 25th at 6pm. This is a five-course dinner priced at $75 per person (plus tax and gratuity). The menu and wine pairings along with notes on each wine is listed below. This is a limited seating engagement.
Reservations can be made by calling (407) 644-7770. Rocco’s is located at 400 South Orlando Avenue Winter Park, Florida 32789, just north of West Fairbanks Ave.
Caprino cheese wrapped in Zucchini, buffalo mozzarella cheese asparagus wrapped in smoked salmon and speck (smoked prosciutto) with melon balls.
Wine: Banfi San Angelo Pinot Grigio Toscana IGT
Color: White-gold. Bouquet: Fresh bouquet with notes of pear, peach, anise and honey.
Taste: Fruity and crisp, very refreshing.
Tortellaci di Zucca
Tortellaci stuffed with butternut squash served with a sage butter sauce with cherry tomatoes and parmesan shavings.
Wine: Banfi Belnero Proprietor’s Reserve
Color: Deep and intense mauve red. Bouquet: Gentle aromas of vanilla, tobacco and coffee, with hints of cherry jam and prunes.
Taste: Harmonious with soft, well-balanced tannins. Long finish and a great potential for aging.
Trota con Mandorle
Almond crusted trout, pan seared with a clarified butter sauce served over a chick-pea puree
Wine: Banfi Cum Laude Toscana IGT
Color: Ruby red, intense and very deep. Bouquet: Full bouquet, with aromas of blackberries and plums, complemented by licorice, black olives, and pipe-tobacco notes.
Taste: Full-bodied, with supple tannins.
Filetlo Ai Porcini
Filet mignon medallion pan seared topped with a porcini mushroom and Banfi Brunello wine sauce
Wine: Banfi Poggio All’Oro Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG
Color: Deep ruby red, tending toward garnet. Bouquet: Black fruit and spice, with hints of tobacco, violet, and
Taste: Full-bodied with a velvety mouthfeel and well-structured with supple tannins and good acidity.
Plum and cherry flavors give way to a long finish.
Zabaglione Freddo Con Biscotti
Chilled Zabaglione served with a Biscotti cookie
Wine: Banfi Florus Late Harvest Moscadello di Montalcino DOC
Intense, rich-golden. Bouquet: Elegant, harmonious with hints of apricot, honeysuckle, raisins, and honey.
Taste: Unctuous, with dried-apricot, raisin, and honey flavors. Subtly sweet. Finishes with nuances of almond and honey.
- Go For the Gold With Summer Olympics Food & Wine Pairings - July 26, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops w/ Bacon-Walnut-Cranberry Relish - July 22, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Ceviche Del Mar from El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria - July 11, 2016
- Spicy Adventurista Margarita - July 11, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Gaby Brasserie’s Steak Au Poivre - July 11, 2016
- Chef Recipe: The Clinton Hall Challenge Burger - July 11, 2016
- A Tale of Three Meats: How To Create the Best Burger Blend - July 11, 2016
- Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries - July 11, 2016
- DMK Burger Bar’s Cuban Burger Recipe - July 10, 2016
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger with Grilled Red Onions and Spinach - July 9, 2016