Rocco’s Italian Grille will be hosting a special wine pairing dinner with Banfi Wines on July 25th at 6pm. This is a five-course dinner priced at $75 per person (plus tax and gratuity). The menu and wine pairings along with notes on each wine is listed below. This is a limited seating engagement.
Reservations can be made by calling (407) 644-7770. Rocco’s is located at 400 South Orlando Avenue Winter Park, Florida 32789, just north of West Fairbanks Ave.
Caprino cheese wrapped in Zucchini, buffalo mozzarella cheese asparagus wrapped in smoked salmon and speck (smoked prosciutto) with melon balls.
Wine: Banfi San Angelo Pinot Grigio Toscana IGT
Color: White-gold. Bouquet: Fresh bouquet with notes of pear, peach, anise and honey.
Taste: Fruity and crisp, very refreshing.
Tortellaci di Zucca
Tortellaci stuffed with butternut squash served with a sage butter sauce with cherry tomatoes and parmesan shavings.
Wine: Banfi Belnero Proprietor’s Reserve
Color: Deep and intense mauve red. Bouquet: Gentle aromas of vanilla, tobacco and coffee, with hints of cherry jam and prunes.
Taste: Harmonious with soft, well-balanced tannins. Long finish and a great potential for aging.
Trota con Mandorle
Almond crusted trout, pan seared with a clarified butter sauce served over a chick-pea puree
Wine: Banfi Cum Laude Toscana IGT
Color: Ruby red, intense and very deep. Bouquet: Full bouquet, with aromas of blackberries and plums, complemented by licorice, black olives, and pipe-tobacco notes.
Taste: Full-bodied, with supple tannins.
Filetlo Ai Porcini
Filet mignon medallion pan seared topped with a porcini mushroom and Banfi Brunello wine sauce
Wine: Banfi Poggio All’Oro Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG
Color: Deep ruby red, tending toward garnet. Bouquet: Black fruit and spice, with hints of tobacco, violet, and
Taste: Full-bodied with a velvety mouthfeel and well-structured with supple tannins and good acidity.
Plum and cherry flavors give way to a long finish.
Zabaglione Freddo Con Biscotti
Chilled Zabaglione served with a Biscotti cookie
Wine: Banfi Florus Late Harvest Moscadello di Montalcino DOC
Intense, rich-golden. Bouquet: Elegant, harmonious with hints of apricot, honeysuckle, raisins, and honey.
Taste: Unctuous, with dried-apricot, raisin, and honey flavors. Subtly sweet. Finishes with nuances of almond and honey.
- Sweet and Spicy – Margarita Pairing for Cinco De Mayo - May 2, 2016
- Mexican Sopes Recipe – Fried Corn Cakes - May 2, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Tequila Flamed Tiger Shrimp Bruschetta - April 29, 2016
- Earth Day Gift Guide: 10 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint - April 21, 2016
- Earth Month Recipe: Hand Made Green Ravioli - April 21, 2016
- Food and Wine: Roy Yamaguchi’s Pacific Inspired Wine Pairing Dinner April 20th - April 18, 2016
- A Spicy Shrimp Ravioli Recipe by Food Network Chef Eric Levine - April 13, 2016
- Shake It Up: 5 Easy Beer Cocktails for National Beer Day - April 6, 2016
- 10 Earth Friendly Cleaning Tips for a Green Home - March 26, 2016
- From Bunnies to Peeps, Chicks, and Chocolate Eggs: Our Top 5 Easter Treats for Spring - March 24, 2016