Join us at Cast Iron Studios on Sunday, June 9th at 12pm as we welcome Napa Valley media personality and nationally known cookbook author Jill Silverman Hough. In a fun, informal dialog Chef Hough will teach basic food and wine pairing principles and will lead guests through an interactive tasting showing how different foods and flavors affect how wine tastes.
Three fun, stress-free recipes selected from Jill’s book, “100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates to Enjoy with Wines You Love” will be prepared by our chef team and perfectly paired with current releases from local wineries Forgeron Cellars, represented by Co-Owner & Winemaker Marie-Eve Gilla, Kana Winery represented by Managing Partner Katherine Goodson, and Chinook Wines represented by Co-Founder and Winemaker Kay Simon.
~ Menu ~
Dungeness Crab Cakes with Meyer Lemon Mayo Forgeron Cellars Chardonnay, Columbia Valley . 2010
Barbecued Chicken Pizza Chinook Cabernet Franc Rosé, Yakima Valley . 2012
Grilled Rosemary Steak Skewers with Parmesan Sauce Kana Winery Scarlet Fire, Columbia Valley . 2008
Price is $55 ($45 without cookbook) all inclusive and includes a copy of “100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates to Enjoy with Wines You Love”.
Space is limited; please contact Cast Iron Studios Event Planning at 206.838.3853 to make a reservation.
Credit: Cast Iron Studios. Image credit: Jill Silverman Hough.
- Class Up Game Day With Barbecue Friendly Wines - February 5, 2016
- 30 Minute Meals: Beer Braised Barbecue Chicken Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Blackberry Chipotle Red Wine Barbecue Sauce - February 3, 2016
- Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Mini Meatball Sliders - February 3, 2016
- Grilled Fingerlings With Cabernet Ketchup By Winemaker Tom Gore - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Tom Gore 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon, California - February 3, 2016
- Wine Review: Joseph Phelps Scheurebe 2012, St. Helena - February 3, 2016
- Pigskin and Punch: Party Sized Cocktails for the Big Game - February 3, 2016
- 5 Romantic Cocktails From The World’s Best Hotel Bars - January 24, 2016
- Simple Soup Recipes: Annabel Langbein’s Split Pea and Ham Soup - January 22, 2016