Join us at Cast Iron Studios on Sunday, June 9th at 12pm as we welcome Napa Valley media personality and nationally known cookbook author Jill Silverman Hough. In a fun, informal dialog Chef Hough will teach basic food and wine pairing principles and will lead guests through an interactive tasting showing how different foods and flavors affect how wine tastes.
Three fun, stress-free recipes selected from Jill’s book, “100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates to Enjoy with Wines You Love” will be prepared by our chef team and perfectly paired with current releases from local wineries Forgeron Cellars, represented by Co-Owner & Winemaker Marie-Eve Gilla, Kana Winery represented by Managing Partner Katherine Goodson, and Chinook Wines represented by Co-Founder and Winemaker Kay Simon.
~ Menu ~
Dungeness Crab Cakes with Meyer Lemon Mayo Forgeron Cellars Chardonnay, Columbia Valley . 2010
Barbecued Chicken Pizza Chinook Cabernet Franc Rosé, Yakima Valley . 2012
Grilled Rosemary Steak Skewers with Parmesan Sauce Kana Winery Scarlet Fire, Columbia Valley . 2008
Price is $55 ($45 without cookbook) all inclusive and includes a copy of “100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates to Enjoy with Wines You Love”.
Space is limited; please contact Cast Iron Studios Event Planning at 206.838.3853 to make a reservation.
Credit: Cast Iron Studios. Image credit: Jill Silverman Hough.
- Red, White, and Rosé: 90+ Point Wines To Kick Off Your Summer - May 26, 2016
- It’s Pool Season: Miami Cocktail Company Launches New RTD Line For Summer - May 18, 2016
- Getting Healthy: Blueberry Almond Smoothie - May 12, 2016
- Sweet and Spicy – Margarita Pairing for Cinco De Mayo - May 2, 2016
- Mexican Sopes Recipe – Fried Corn Cakes - May 2, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Tequila Flamed Tiger Shrimp Bruschetta - April 29, 2016
- Earth Day Gift Guide: 10 Ways to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint - April 21, 2016
- Earth Month Recipe: Hand Made Green Ravioli - April 21, 2016
- Food and Wine: Roy Yamaguchi’s Pacific Inspired Wine Pairing Dinner April 20th - April 18, 2016
- A Spicy Shrimp Ravioli Recipe by Food Network Chef Eric Levine - April 13, 2016