Join us at Cast Iron Studios on Sunday, June 9th at 12pm as we welcome Napa Valley media personality and nationally known cookbook author Jill Silverman Hough. In a fun, informal dialog Chef Hough will teach basic food and wine pairing principles and will lead guests through an interactive tasting showing how different foods and flavors affect how wine tastes.
Three fun, stress-free recipes selected from Jill’s book, “100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates to Enjoy with Wines You Love” will be prepared by our chef team and perfectly paired with current releases from local wineries Forgeron Cellars, represented by Co-Owner & Winemaker Marie-Eve Gilla, Kana Winery represented by Managing Partner Katherine Goodson, and Chinook Wines represented by Co-Founder and Winemaker Kay Simon.
~ Menu ~
Dungeness Crab Cakes with Meyer Lemon Mayo Forgeron Cellars Chardonnay, Columbia Valley . 2010
Barbecued Chicken Pizza Chinook Cabernet Franc Rosé, Yakima Valley . 2012
Grilled Rosemary Steak Skewers with Parmesan Sauce Kana Winery Scarlet Fire, Columbia Valley . 2008
Price is $55 ($45 without cookbook) all inclusive and includes a copy of “100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates to Enjoy with Wines You Love”.
Space is limited; please contact Cast Iron Studios Event Planning at 206.838.3853 to make a reservation.
Credit: Cast Iron Studios. Image credit: Jill Silverman Hough.
- Ruth’s Chris’ Creamed Spinach in Bechamel Sauce - November 23, 2015
- How to Choose the Best Red Wines to Go With Thanksgiving and Holiday Dinners - November 22, 2015
- Farmer’s Market Vegetable Quiche Recipe from 2 Sparrows - November 5, 2015
- Celebrate Spanish Wines with Sherry Week - November 1, 2015
- Here Comes Fall: Sonoma Cider Debuts Two New Flavors - October 30, 2015
- How to Make a Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie - October 30, 2015
- Chef Recipes: Winter Pumpkin Soup - October 29, 2015
- Disney’s Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic Returns for 6th Year - October 8, 2015
- Celebrate Wines of the World: Ruth’s Chris’ 90+ Points Wine Dinner - October 8, 2015
- 5 Pumpkin Cocktail Recipes for Fall - October 6, 2015