Join us at Cast Iron Studios on Sunday, June 9th at 12pm as we welcome Napa Valley media personality and nationally known cookbook author Jill Silverman Hough. In a fun, informal dialog Chef Hough will teach basic food and wine pairing principles and will lead guests through an interactive tasting showing how different foods and flavors affect how wine tastes.
Three fun, stress-free recipes selected from Jill’s book, “100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates to Enjoy with Wines You Love” will be prepared by our chef team and perfectly paired with current releases from local wineries Forgeron Cellars, represented by Co-Owner & Winemaker Marie-Eve Gilla, Kana Winery represented by Managing Partner Katherine Goodson, and Chinook Wines represented by Co-Founder and Winemaker Kay Simon.
~ Menu ~
Dungeness Crab Cakes with Meyer Lemon Mayo Forgeron Cellars Chardonnay, Columbia Valley . 2010
Barbecued Chicken Pizza Chinook Cabernet Franc Rosé, Yakima Valley . 2012
Grilled Rosemary Steak Skewers with Parmesan Sauce Kana Winery Scarlet Fire, Columbia Valley . 2008
Price is $55 ($45 without cookbook) all inclusive and includes a copy of “100 Perfect Pairings: Small Plates to Enjoy with Wines You Love”.
Space is limited; please contact Cast Iron Studios Event Planning at 206.838.3853 to make a reservation.
Credit: Cast Iron Studios. Image credit: Jill Silverman Hough.
- Back To School: Modern Zinc Antimicrobial Sheets - August 24, 2016
- Back to School: Better Sleep with Sonno Bed Mattress - August 24, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Southern Shrimp and Grits Recipe From The River Room - August 12, 2016
- Game Day Burgers: Vegetarian Portobello Mini Sliders - August 3, 2016
- Key West’s Bahama Bob Shares His Favorite Cocktails for National Rum Day - August 1, 2016
- Go For the Gold With Summer Olympics Food & Wine Pairings - July 26, 2016
- Chef Barret Beyer’s Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops w/ Bacon-Walnut-Cranberry Relish - July 22, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Ceviche Del Mar from El Agave Restaurant and Tequileria - July 11, 2016
- Spicy Adventurista Margarita - July 11, 2016
- Chef Recipe: Gaby Brasserie’s Steak Au Poivre - July 11, 2016